The Jurkovič observation tower is located in Rožnov pod Radhoštěm.
History of the tower
The plans for the construction of the tower were created by Dušan Jurkovič in 1896 for the Tourist Association in Valašské Meziříčí. It was supposed to stand on Brdo Hill in the village of Brnov. Despite the attempts to build it in the 1960s, construction began in October 2010, the construction was completed in December 2011. The grand opening was held on April 28, 2012. The concrete foundation is lined with stone, wood beech was used on the wooden part. spruce and fir. The total cost was CZK 12.2 million.
From the parking lot along the green tourist trail. The observation tower is usually open from 15 April to 15 October, but may be longer depending on the climatic conditions of the year. Admission for children and seniors 15, - CZK, adults 30, - CZK, for families 60, - CZK.
Due to the outlook, part of the trees had to be cut down and further felling is problematic, as the observation tower is located in the first zone of the PLA Beskydy with the highest degree of protection. The view is limited from the southeast to the north. You can see the western part of the village of Hutisko, the village of Vigantice, the Rožnov parts of Hážovice, the Tylovice, the Kramolišov, the center of Rožnov (with the Hradisko hill on the western side), the northern part of Rožnov beyond the Bečva river, the village in the western part of the Rožnov furrow, a large part of the Wallachian Museum in nature, city park, parts of Rožnov Letná, Rybníky and part of Horní Paseky in the north of the city.